Sunday 22 January 2012

Introduction to My New Blog

Well all of you have been faithful at visiting and reading my blog and for that I am very thankful. This blogs focus was on the construction progress with Kids Alive in Lima and I intended it to be used by service team members who had been to Lima so that they could keep up with what happened when they were not here.
   Brenda and I have now switched from Kids Alive to South America Mission and have moved from Lima to Pucallpa, Peru. With this new chapter in our lives and our ministry I have decided to start a new blog as well. I want this blog to be more personal, more fun and I hope that you will follow along with me as I serve God here in Pucallpa. The title of my new blog comes from a song that we would sing in my home church back in Canada and was one of my favorites. My blog is called My hope is built on nothing less... and its address is www.tyfossperu.blogspot.com. Please enjoy the blog and the posts that I put up there. Also please feel free to leave comments on the posts, I would love to hear from you.

1 comment:

Luis said...

I came across this blog by pure coincidence. I'm Peruvian living in the US for quite some time now. Because of my job as a photojournalist for different TV stations I've visited so many places in the US and I've seen so many miserable places where people not only living under extreme poverty where people send their kids to school without breakfast and where progress is pretty much in shackles. Scary places in Ohio, Indiana, Montana, Tennessee and so on.
Why are you guys "helping" with landscape in a place like Peru? You don't think you have enough to do in your own country? I'm quite pleased you guys are helping out over there, it's beautiful to see gestures of this kind, but all this resources to travel and staying, you guys don't think might be better used to help the people of you own country?