Monday 6 October 2008

Pachacamac Update

I know, finally an update on the blog. Sorry everyone, but our family recently returned to Canada for 3 months and shortly after doing that, I went back to Peru to host another team. That meant I was without a computer for 3 weeks which prevented me from posting on the blog. During my time in Peru our contractor started construction on 2 of our 6 houses.
Because of soft soil on the property, the contractor had to lay down stone and pack very coarse sand as a base. They then dug trenches and put rebar forms in them as the footing for the houses.

Finally all the trenches are filled with concrete and allowed to dry. In the last couple days I was down there, the contractor was starting some of the brickwork. As many of you know, this project has been a long time coming so we are very excited about the progress being made.


1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm so excited that building has finally begun! I would love to be there to see the changes - I imagine it's happening so fast!